The SFWA Nebula Awards Weekend is fast approaching!
Hotel: For those of you who still need to book your lodging for the event, the deadline to do so is 4/23/2014. The hotel is filling up quickly and we are urging those who will need rooms to book as soon as possible. As of today, there are no rooms available on Wednesday night.
The Tech Museum of Innovation (Deadline to Register for this tour is May 1, 2014)
- Located just one block from the San Jose Marriott. We will watch the educational IMAX film and tour the museum. More information on the museum can be found at http://www.thetech.org/. This is an afternoon tour.
- Cost is $20 per person covers admission and the IMAX film.
San Jose Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum (Deadline to Register for this tour is May 1, 2014)
- Architecturally inspired by the Temple of Amon at Karnak, it houses the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts on exhibit in western North America undefined including objects from pre dynastic times through Egypt’s early Islamic era. More information at http://www.egyptianmuseum.org. This is an afternoon tour.
- Cost is $20 per person and covers admission, guided tomb tour and round trip transportation.
St. George Spirits (Deadline to Register for this tour is May 1, 2014)
- Visit St. George Spirits Artisan Distillery for a taste of American craft spirits. Located on the East Bay’s island city of Alameda, you will tour the distillery and taste some of the finest spirits produced in the Bay Area. Their family of spirits includes single malt whiskey, bourbon, gin, rum, absinthe, eau de vie, and fruit liqueur. More information can be found at http://www.stgeorgespirits.com/. Please note this will be an all day event.
- There are no food venues near the distillery, and the distillery does not sell food, so please plan to bring lunch or snacks as you see fit. Departure is at approximately 10:30 am.
- Cost is $75 per person and includes round trip transportation and the tour itself.
We will also have panels, press, special events like SF in SF and Writers With Drinks, an autograph session open to the public, and the Nebula Awards Banquet. In addition, arrangements are pending with the Big Wow Comicfest, being held in the adjacent convention center, for signing events for SFWA members.
Deadlines and Cut-Off Dates
- Hotel room block available from Thursday through Saturday. Cutoff for convention rate rooms is April 23, 2014 – Register here
- If you have issues reserving a room for the entire block of days, register for what you can and email your confirmation number and desired dates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online weekend membership registration cut-off date: May 10, 2014 – Register here
- Banquet cutoff date: May 10, 2014.
- If you have ADA needs, please email your requirements to email@example.com on or before May 1, 2014
- If you are interested in either the St. George or Rosicrucian tours, space is still left. Tour signups cutoff date is May 1, 2014. If we do not have at least 10 signups for a tour, it will be canceled. If you have already registered for a membership and would like to add a tour, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your tour request.
In addition, make sure to make room in your schedule for our Special Events!
- Thursday, May 15th – SF in SF presents authors Samuel R. Delany and Daryl Gregory.
- Friday, May 16th – Nebula Awards Reception from 4:30pm – 6:00pm
- Friday, May 16th – Writers With Drinks, hosted by Charlie Jane Anders
- Saturday, May 17th – Nebula Awards Banquet – purchase tickets here
If you have any questions about the Nebula Award Weekend logistics, please feel free to contact this year’s Nebula Award Weekend Chairs, Karen Dawn Plaskon, and Cindy Scott at email@example.com
See you at the Nebula Awards!!