The problem with seeing one’s purpose on a panel as primarily that of speaking–”sharing” insights or regurgitating something recently read that relates to the subject–is that it turns panelists into lecturers. Speaking for myself, I’ve often found that the thinking, reading, and note-taking I’ve done in preparation for a panel may often have nothing to do with what the other panelists are talking about.
- Eileen Gunn on Eileen Gunn on SF, SFWA, and Community
- Cynthia Felice on Eileen Gunn on SF, SFWA, and Community
- Interview with Eileen Gunn | Alas, a Blog on Eileen Gunn on SF, SFWA, and Community
- Links for a rainy Wednesday | Olduvai Reads on Nebula Awards
- True Pictures | Free Science Fiction Stories on Nebula Awards