When I first decided to take up writing as a serious pursuit, I figured the best way to get started was to ask a writer for advice. My lucky break was that Connie Willis happened to be in town to give a reading, and she gave me a wonderful tutorial in the basics; just Connie, her husband, and my wife, talking for a couple of hours in a Laramie bookstore. I owe a lot to Connie’s early advice.
- Cat Rambo on SFWA Raises Qualification Standard Payment Rates for Short Fiction
- Should you pay to submit your writing? | A Writer in the Attic on THE TRUTH ABOUT LITERARY AGENTS’ FEES
- WriterBeware on All Classic Books: The Scam Continues
- Diane on All Classic Books: The Scam Continues
- Elena on SFWA Raises Qualification Standard Payment Rates for Short Fiction