Picture this–it’s the 1870′s. An African American pharmacist in knee-breeches and a frock coat has just made a startling invention–a refrigeration device. Okay, it’s an improved model designed for corpses, which makes me wonder what other mad scientist stuff was going on in the background, but Thomas Elkins was a REAL GUY. And totally, thoroughly steampunk.
- Matthew Thyer on New SFWA qualifying market: Haikasoru
- Snapshots 141 USS Alchemy | File 770 on The Scientist Next Door: Or How to Approach Experts with Research Questions
- Tanya on The Scientist Next Door: Or How to Approach Experts with Research Questions
- Carolyn on Backstory Secrets
- Eliza on SFWA Policy on Self-Publishing: Comments Welcome.