Nebula Reading List

The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List is produced through the collaborative effort of SFWA's 1800+ members, with new listings appearing as members make recommendations. For this reason, works are occasionally introduced in error and may later be corrected or removed from the list if deemed ineligible by the Nebula Awards Commissioner. The list is provided to the public as a service in finding the year's most noteworthy fantasy and science fiction works.
Please note this list is not the preliminary ballot or nomination tally and does not affect the Nebula Award nominations or final results in any way.

Questions or list corrections can be sent to the Nebula Awards Commissioner at nac@sfwa.org.
If you are an author or publisher and would like to make your eligible work available to SFWA members for consideration for the Nebula Awards, please mail the Nebula Awards Commissioner for more information. The Nebula Award rules are available here.

Title Author Publisher Published
The Haunting of Apollo A7LB Rajaniemi, Hannu Tachyon (author's Collected Fiction) 2015
The Patent Bagger Church, Suzanne AE: The Canadian Science Fiction Review 2015
Thief of Hearts Hergenrader, Trent Mammoth Book of Dieselpunk 2015
The Little Dog Ohori Belilovsky, Anatoly Mammoth Book of Dieselpunk 2015
Things Worth Knowing O'Connell, Jay Asimov's 2015
Tombaugh Station Bailey, Robin Wayne Mission: Tomorrow 2015
Willng Flesh O'Connell, Jay Asimov's 2015
Candy From Strangers O'Connell, Jay Asimov's 2015
Things Worth Knowing O'Connell, Jay Asimov's 2015
The Future of Silence Kim, Ae-ran Zephyr Press (The Future of Silence, ed. and tr. by Bruce & Ju-chan Fulton) 2016
But You Scared Me the Most Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
Bigfoot Tells All Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
The Weary Ghost of Uncle Doug Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
A Glamour in the Black Hiven, Sylvia Anna Writers of the Future, Vol. 32 2016
The Jack of Souls Merlino, Stephen Writers of the Future, Vol. 32 2016
All The Colors You Thought Were Kings Martine, Arkady Shimmer 2016
The Magical Properties of Unicorn Ivory Hernandez, Carlos Rosarium 2016
The Sun Falls Apart Alden, J.W. Writers of the Future, Vol. 32 2016
Divine Calm Gannon, Charles E NAC/Penguin 2016
El Cantar of Rising Sun Vourvoulias, Sabrina Uncanny 2016
When Grandfather Returns Dyer, S. N. Asimov's 2016
You Can't See It 'Til It's Finished Allen Hill, Joseph Liminal Stories 2016
Tying Knots Liu, Ken Clarkesworld 1 / 2011
To Follow the Waves El-Mohtar, Amal Steam-Powered: Lesbian Steampunk Stories 1 / 2011
Noam Chomsky and the Time Box Lain, Douglas Interzone 1 / 2011