Nebula Reading List

The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List is produced through the collaborative effort of SFWA's 1800+ members, with new listings appearing as members make recommendations. For this reason, works are occasionally introduced in error and may later be corrected or removed from the list if deemed ineligible by the Nebula Awards Commissioner. The list is provided to the public as a service in finding the year's most noteworthy fantasy and science fiction works.
Please note this list is not the preliminary ballot or nomination tally and does not affect the Nebula Award nominations or final results in any way.

Questions or list corrections can be sent to the Nebula Awards Commissioner at nac@sfwa.org.
If you are an author or publisher and would like to make your eligible work available to SFWA members for consideration for the Nebula Awards, please mail the Nebula Awards Commissioner for more information. The Nebula Award rules are available here.

Title Author Publisher Published
Barleycorn Hawksmoor, Cae Abyss & Apex 3 / 2018
Mustering Out Davitt, Deborah L. Abyss & Apex 10 / 2018
What Does a Time Machine Cost? Harold, Elliotte Rusty Abyss & Apex 3 / 2018
Exactly What You Need Crilly, Brandon Abyss & Apex 1 / 2019
One Soul, Parchment Thin Hutchinson, Calder Abyss & Apex 7 / 2019
Keeping Tabs Schneyer, Ken Abyss and Apex 2011
But You Scared Me the Most Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
Bigfoot Tells All Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
The Weary Ghost of Uncle Doug Manderino, John Academy Chicago Publishers (But You Scared Me the Most and other short stories) 2016
The Patent Bagger Church, Suzanne AE: The Canadian Science Fiction Review 2015
The Great Game at the End of the World Kressel, Matthew After 10 / 2012
The Value of Weakness Lackey, Jamie Air and Nothingness Press 9 / 2017
The Balance Between Strength and Wisdom Lackey, Jamie Air and Nothingness Press 9 / 2017
It Begins in the Garden Haskins, Maria Aliterate 9 / 2018
The One About Jacob Hayes, Tyler Alliteration Ink 2 / 2017
The P & A Levinson, Paul Amazing Stories 9 / 2019
Foster Earth Czerneda, Julie Amazing Stories Issue #1 8 / 2018
A Horse and Her Boy Crist, Vonnie Amazing Stories: Winter 2018: Vol. 76 Issue 2 12 / 2018
I Awaken From a Dream of Flight Brothers, Laurence Amazon 3 / 2018
Astronomic Distance, Geologic Time Sparhawk, Bud Analog 3 / 2011
Take One for the Road Rubin, Jamie Todd Analog 6 / 2011
The Song of Uullioll Rinehart, Grey Analog 7 / 2012
Ernesto Nevala-Lee, Alec ANALOG 3 / 2012
The Deer Girl Hitches a Ride Frost, Sarah ANALOG 12 / 2013
Not Near Enough Schoemaker, Martin Analog 5 / 2013