Nebula Reading List

The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List is produced through the collaborative effort of SFWA's 1800+ members, with new listings appearing as members make recommendations. For this reason, works are occasionally introduced in error and may later be corrected or removed from the list if deemed ineligible by the Nebula Awards Commissioner. The list is provided to the public as a service in finding the year's most noteworthy fantasy and science fiction works.
Please note this list is not the preliminary ballot or nomination tally and does not affect the Nebula Award nominations or final results in any way.

Questions or list corrections can be sent to the Nebula Awards Commissioner at nac@sfwa.org.
If you are an author or publisher and would like to make your eligible work available to SFWA members for consideration for the Nebula Awards, please mail the Nebula Awards Commissioner for more information. The Nebula Award rules are available here.

Title Author Publisher Published
You Can't Go Back Meny, Ellen Atthis Arts 5 / 2019
You Ask Me to Tell You a Story Dawson, J. R. Daily Science Fiction 9 / 2019
Why I Spared the One Brave Soul Between Me and My Undead Army Uzume, Setsu Cast of Wonders 3 / 2019
Why Aren’t Millennials Continuing Traditional Worship of the Elder Dark? Dovey, Matt Diabolical Plots 4 / 2019
We Sang You As Ours Sen, Nibideta The Dark 6 / 2019
We Have Always Lived in the Barbie Dream Castle Beals, Megan Lee Toasted Cake 1 / 2019
We Are Here to be Held Triantafyllou, Eugenia Strange Horizons 1 / 2019
Vis Delendi Brennan, Marie Uncanny 2019
Vinyl Wisdom Cornell, P.A. A Punk Rock Future 10 / 2019
Vianku's First Flight Hudson, Kai Atthis Arts 5 / 2019
Truth Plus Wahls, Jamie Strange Horizons 3 / 2019
Tilting Noble, Michael Atthis Arts 5 / 2019
Ti-Jean’s Last Adventure, as Told to Raccoon Bryski, K.T. Lightspeed 3 / 2019
Thoughts and Prayers Liu, Ken Slate 1 / 2019
Those Are Pearls Howard, Kat Lightspeed 5 / 2019
This Way to Paradise Mehrotra, Rati Lightspeed 5 / 2019
This Next Song is Called Punk Rock Valhalla Wasserstein, Izzy A Punk Rock Future/Zsenon 10 / 2019
This is Not My Adventure Rodriguez, Karlo Yeager Uncanny 9 / 2019
The Zest for Life Roshak, N.R.M. Future Science Fiction Digest 4 / 2019
The Wind Whispers Secrets to the Sea Kurella, Jordan Strange Horizons 2019
The Weight of a Thousand Needles Cañas, Isabel Lightspeed 2019
The Waters of a New World Povey, Jennifer R. Analog Science Fiction & Fact 9 / 2019
The Walking Man Berger, Lou Galaxy's Edge 7 / 2019
The Vetting Cassutt, Michael Tor.com 9 / 2019
The Tide Changes Martelle, Craig Seventh Seal Press 2 / 2019