Nebula Reading List

The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List is produced through the collaborative effort of SFWA's 1800+ members, with new listings appearing as members make recommendations. For this reason, works are occasionally introduced in error and may later be corrected or removed from the list if deemed ineligible by the Nebula Awards Commissioner. The list is provided to the public as a service in finding the year's most noteworthy fantasy and science fiction works.
Please note this list is not the preliminary ballot or nomination tally and does not affect the Nebula Award nominations or final results in any way.

Questions or list corrections can be sent to the Nebula Awards Commissioner at nac@sfwa.org.
If you are an author or publisher and would like to make your eligible work available to SFWA members for consideration for the Nebula Awards, please mail the Nebula Awards Commissioner for more information. The Nebula Award rules are available here.

Title Author Publisher Published
A Taste of Unguja Bacon, Eugen Dark Moon Books / Transit Lounge Publishing 11/1/2021
The Devil Don't Come With Horns Bacon, Eugen HarperCollins Publishers 7/1/2022
Naked Earth Bacon, Eugen Twelfth Planet Press 3/1/2022
Memories of the Old Sun Bacon, Eugen Raw Dog Screaming Press 9/1/2022
Sita and the Fledgling Bacon, Eugen Black Ink 6/1/2022
They Could Have Been Yours Baglio, Joy The Missouri Review (will be reprinted in Apex in fall 2022) 5/1/2022
The Culvert Bailey, Dale F&SF 9/2014
The White Road Bailey, Marika Fiyah 4/1/2021
The Birth Will Take Place on a Mutually Acceptable Research Vessel Bailey, Matthew Lightspeed 4/2016
Tombaugh Station Bailey, Robin Wayne Mission: Tomorrow 2015
The Old Man and the Phoenix Baisden, Alexandria Apex Magazine 9/2016
Three True Auguries and A Lie Bajek, Lauren Baffling Magazine 4/1/2022
The Hunter Captain Baker, David John Escape Pod 3/2016
Old Teacups and Kitchen Witches Baker, Kate Cast of Wonders 4/2017
Lily, the Immortal Baker, Kylie Lee Uncanny Magazine 1/1/2022
Replacement Charles Baker, Patrick Sirius Science Fiction 4/2019
The Thing About Heisenball Baker, Stewart C. Daily Science Fiction 4/2017
Against the Dying of the Light Baker, Stewart C. Flash Fiction Online 5/2020
No Blood of My Heart, No Breath of My Lungs, But Love Baker, Stewart C. Lamplight Magazine 9/1/2021
Memorial Park Baker, Stewart C Constellary Tales 11/2018
Words I’ve Redefined Since Your Dinosaurs Invaded My Lunar Lair Baker, Stewart C Flash Fiction Online 10/2018
At the Edge of a Human Path Baker, Stewart C 87 Bedford 5/2020
How They Name the Ships Baker, Stewart C Frozen Wavelets 12/2020
Escape from the Marches Baker, Stewart C Infinite Worlds 9/1/2021
A Lay of Light and Anger Baker, Stewart C Forest Avenue Press 11/23/2021