Nebula Reading List

The Nebula Awards Suggested Reading List is produced through the collaborative effort of SFWA's 1800+ members, with new listings appearing as members make recommendations. For this reason, works are occasionally introduced in error and may later be corrected or removed from the list if deemed ineligible by the Nebula Awards Commissioner. The list is provided to the public as a service in finding the year's most noteworthy fantasy and science fiction works.
Please note this list is not the preliminary ballot or nomination tally and does not affect the Nebula Award nominations or final results in any way.

Questions or list corrections can be sent to the Nebula Awards Commissioner at nac@sfwa.org.
If you are an author or publisher and would like to make your eligible work available to SFWA members for consideration for the Nebula Awards, please mail the Nebula Awards Commissioner for more information. The Nebula Award rules are available here.

Title Author Publisher Published
Alamogordo Fields, C. M. The Dread Machine 3/1/2022
Like Stars Daring to Shine Ihezue, Somto Fireside Magazine 7/1/2022
The Piper at the Gates of Night Brothers, Laurence Raphael Space Fantasy Magazine 7/1/2022
Where God Grows Wild Oreto, Frank Fantasy and Science Fiction Magazine 3/1/2022
Osimiri Eziaghighala, Chinaza British Science Fiction Association (BSFA) and HWS Press 6/1/2022
Unsettled Vowel, Chelsea Arsenal Pulp Press 4/1/2022
The Long View Palwick, Susan Tor.com 4/27/2022
Helpful Truths For the Chosen One Who Has Returned Home Smith, Cislyn Daily Science Fiction 8/8/2022
The Stars Above Eos Wehm, M. Darusha Fireside Fiction 3/1/2022
Blue Line on a Winter's Night Pisciotta, Sam Factor Four Magazine 7/1/2022
Footnotes from "Phosphates, Nitrates and the Lake A Incident: A Review." Ness, Mari Reckoning 8/14/2022
Six Goats Cañas, Isabel Fireside 8/1/2022
Hidden Figures Neple, Plangdi Omenana Magazine 7/1/2022
Hey There, Delilah Tessmer, Gretchen Translunar Travelers Lounge 8/15/2022
D.I.Y Wiswell, John Tor.com 8/24/2022
Component Parts of a Belated Apology AnaMaria, Curtis Fireside Fiction 5/1/2022
Raindrop Doughnuts for Women Raining Inside Bianchi, Jana Translunar Travelers Lounge 8/1/2022
It Rises and Falls and Rises Again Taylor, RJ Apex Magazine 3/1/2022
Bonesoup Triantafyllou, Eugenia Strange Horizons 7/11/2022
Lay My Stomach on Your Scales Lee, Wen-yi Strange Horizons 8/29/2022
Dear Joriah Kingsbane, It’s Me, Eviscerix the Sword of Destiny Collier, Alexei Diabolical Plots 8/1/2022
For Sale: One Unicorn Saddle, Mostly Disenchanted Picchi, Aimee Translunar Travelers Lounge 2/15/2022
Notes to a Version of Myself, Hidden in Symphonie fantastique Scores Throughout the Multiverse Picchi, Aimee Apex Magazine 7/12/2022
Gothic Girls Picchi, Aimee Medusa Tales 8/1/2022
Harvest Moon Ajeigbe, Oluwatomiwa Solarpunk Magazine 7/1/2022