Quick Updates for 2009-11-20
- Welcome to SFWA’s newest Active members Terence Taylor, author of “Bite Marks: A Vampire Testament,” Sarah Rees Brennan, author of “The Demon’s Lexicon,” Katherine Allred, author of “Close Encounter,” Kristen Painter, author of “Blood Rights,” and Tim Stretton, author of “The Dog of the North.”
- Welcome to SFWA’s newest Associate member, Heather McDougal, author of “The Candy Store.”
In light of the current conversations about vanity presses and self-publishing. Here are some links which might be of interest.
- Here’s how Writer Beware discusses the line between a vanity press and self-publishing
- Jackie Kessler has an excellent line-by-line breakdown of exactly what she sees wrong with the new Harlequin imprint.
- Agent Jennifer Jackson talks about Harlequin Horizons, in particular, self-publishing vs. vanity pubs and how they relate to queries