SFWA Announces Giver’s Fund Grants for 2019
SFWA’s board of directors is proud to announce the Givers Fund Grants for 2019.
$46,837 has been awarded to twenty-three organizations and programs. This is the largest amount yet, bringing our four-year total of grants awarded to $118,134.
Giver’s Fund grants are awarded to support programs that further SFWA’s mission, which is to promote, advance, and support science fiction and fantasy writing in the United States and elsewhere, by educating and informing the general public and supporting and empowering science fiction and fantasy writers.
Response to this year’s call for grant applications was extremely successful, with twenty-five qualified grant requests applying for a total of $80,754. SFWA thanks the Giver’s Fund Committee for their diligent work assessing and and evaluating each application.
SFWA Giver’s Fund grants have been awarded to:
- Alpha, the SF/F/H Workshop for Young Writers
- Art & Words Collaborative Show in Fort Worth, Texas
- Can*Con Science Programming
- Clarion San Diego Workshop
- Clarion West Workshop
- Confluence Writing Workshop
- Deep Dish Reading Series
- Denver Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading Series
- I Need Diverse Games
- Launch Pad Astronomy Workshop for Writers
- Little Blue Marble
- Northern Illinois University, for their archives pertaining to science fiction and fantasy
- OutWrite Literary Festival
- Odyssey Writing Workshop
- Parsec Ink Young Editors Workshop
- Philanthropic Endeavors Futurist Conference in York PA
- Reel Stories screenwriting workshops
- SFF Workshop at the Center for Literary Arts, Frostburg State University
- Sirens Conference
- Turkey City Writing Workshops
- Willamette Writers workshops Flash Fiction Masterclass
- Wiscon Writing Workshops
- Young Writers Project workshop