The Publicity Office is for:
1) News from publishers, industry professionals or SFWA members about their books.
2) News from publishers, industry professionals or SFWA members about things happening within the community.
3) Questions concerning active lawsuits, suspensions or other issues affecting the SFWA community. (We will only issue such statements as we can without breaching confidentiality or speculating without foundation.)
4) Queries from press, news sites, organizations and publicists concerning the Nebula Awards, SFWA functions or SFWA involvement in events.
5) Queries from the press, news sites, organizations and publicists concerning any SFWA-related business.
The Publicity Office is not for:
1) Queries about membership. Guidelines can be found here.
2) News concerning non-SFWA members or books.
3) Questions for authors. Those should be directed through the author’s website.
4) Questions about the business, markets to submit to, or publicity representation. We do not offer services or advice on an individual basis. Advice from our members can be found here.
5) Funding, grants or monetary support of any kind. We do not offer scholarships or grants. Any monetary questions should go to the treasurer.
We will post the following to our news feed:
1) Announcements of books from SFWA members and publishers.
2) Announcements of SFWA participation in conventions and events.
3) Business concerning the SFWA community.
4) Awards announcements and solicitations.
5) The occasional bit of science-fiction/fantasy news, especially as relating to the science field or other awards.
We will not post the following to our news feed:
1) Fan news or letters
2) Self-published work of any sort.
3) Accusations, hate-mail, fan mail, complaints or critiques of work, authors
As we gear up for the next Nebula season, I’m going to be building a new contact and media list for SFWA’s publicity efforts. If you run a blog, news site or newsletter and would like to receive press releases, please add yourself to the mailing list. Likewise, if you would pass this along to your contacts, it would be appreciated. The more eyes and ears we can reach, the better.
I will be handling SFWA’s PR and publicity for the next year. If you have questions, suggestions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
Jaym Gates, SFWA and Nebula Publicist