It’s the nature of writers to fall in love with words, particularly their own. Clever turns of phrase excite us; we beam like proud parents when our protagonists take on lives of their own; a shapely plot twist can turn our heads. There is nothing wrong with indulging in the occasional fling-as long as it stops in draft. When time comes to make that final revision, however, you must harden your heart, sharpen the ax and murder your darlings.
- Steven Gould on Support the SFWA Emergency Medical Fund with a Great Deal on Awesome SF!
- Theresa Tseng on SFWA Policy on Self-Publishing: Comments Welcome.
- J.L. Dobias on Guest Post: Yog’s Law and Self-Publishing
- marta on Overcoming Self-Doubt as a Writer
- Lisa Williamson on Prometheus Award Winners Announced