It’s the nature of writers to fall in love with words, particularly their own. Clever turns of phrase excite us; we beam like proud parents when our protagonists take on lives of their own; a shapely plot twist can turn our heads. There is nothing wrong with indulging in the occasional fling-as long as it stops in draft. When time comes to make that final revision, however, you must harden your heart, sharpen the ax and murder your darlings.
- Dario Ciriello on Guest Post: Yog’s Law and Self-Publishing
- Arnold on Guest Post: Yog’s Law and Self-Publishing
- L.G. Keltner on Overcoming Self-Doubt as a Writer
- Common Writing Scams | The Well-Rounded Writer on WRITER BEWARE®
- Orla writes things | Anatomy of a Scam. Or: How NOT to use Social Media. on THUMBS DOWN PUBLISHERS LIST